SickKids Research InstituteLocation:
Toronto, ONJob Description:
Dr Goldenberg’s lab is looking for a motivated computational biologist with experience/training in machine learning.The ideal candidate for this position will have:
- Bachelor degree in a quantitative discipline (computational biology/ computer science/ biostatistics/bio- engineering).
- Experience with analyzing DNA methylation and sequencing data.
- Strong biological, biostatistics, math and computer science knowledge background or ample experience (statistical hypothesis testing including multiple hypothesis correction).
- Understanding of the classical machine learning ideas such as cross validation and methods (e.g. random forests, SVMs, etc).
- Programming experience (necessary to analyze biological data).
- Strong R and python skills and a scripting language (e.g., working with Unix shell).
- Demonstrated competency in written and verbal communications.
- Implement pipelines for processing large quantities of sequencing and array data (DNA, RNA, methylation, etc).
- Provide technical (analysis and programming) assistance to fellows, students and researchers or working on one main project or several smaller projects designed by the investigator.
- Interact with the collaborators and help organize biological data into databases.
- Perform under general supervision a variety of diversified assignments of a technical nature.
- Assist in developing, devising or improving existing methods, practices and procedures.
- Assist and/or train other lab personnel.
Temporary, Full-Time (1 year contract with possibility of renewal). Compensation, including generous benefits, is competitive and commensurate with experience.
A complete application should include a statement of interest, a CV, and the names of 2 references. Please submit applications to Anna Goldenberg (email@example.com) , with “Research Assistant Position in Goldenberg Lab” in the subject line. Once the suitable candidate is identified, the position will commence immediately upon completion of the necessary paperwork. The position will remain open until filled.